Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fertilizer from wind in pool , need to be concerned ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fertilizer from wind in pool , need to be concerned ?

The lawn care guys fertilized my lawn last week, it was pretty windy and some fertilizer blew into pool.

The water testing looks good, but should I be concerned and take any preemptive measures ?
    25K gal, plaster, 1.0 jandy spa pump, Two 1.5 gallon pool pumps, DE Filter, Glass Tile sheer descent and spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Fertilizer from wind in pool , need to be concerned ?

Please post numbers. Also, which test kit do you use?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Please post numbers. Also, which test kit do you use?
    Am using Taylor 2005. ( I know I should upgrade for better cc testing ). Water is clear and I can see a few of the smaller fertilizer granules at pool bottom, but not many.

FC 5.0
    PH 7.6
    CC 0 ( this hard to tell, could be 0.5 )
    CA 150
    AK 110
    CYA 40
    25K gal, plaster, 1.0 jandy spa pump, Two 1.5 gallon pool pumps, DE Filter, Glass Tile sheer descent and spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Fertilizer blends around me always contain Iron to green up the lawn. I would do my best to get it out if it was my pool.
    15K Gal Gunite Pool, White Pebble Surface (unkown), Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, SunTouch automation, sta-rite plm100 filter, Hayward AquaRite AQR-15 SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

If there is iron in it I agree. If not, then it will be fine. Keep your FC well above minimum, maybe just raise it to shock level for a day or two to oxidize the nutrients.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

You don't have a chlorine test that shows FC over 5ppm. I would suggest ordering this test from TFTestkits.net and it will bring your test kit up to the equivalent of the one we recommend.

See this --> TFTestkits.net

They are also having a sale on refills for any other reagent you're in need of at this time.

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

7. Back To Top    #7

+1 to everything above. If it were mine, I'd brush the bottom well, a few times, to hopefully dissolve the powder you can't see. Good chance there will be no problem, but getting spots of iron stain would peave me off too much to take a chance.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners