Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do Over Do Right I hope

1. Back To Top    #1

Do Over Do Right I hope

I just began my quest to build a deck around the new pool with new equipment that I got on crazy sales. My pool from last season rusted out bad and the pool also gave way not being leveled correctly. This time i will do it right. The weather was against me but I managed to level the yard in the area where the pool will sit. I will attempt to post the before and after. I have sand down tonight and then pool up and deck built.Trying to stay optimistic. I am still debating what to put under the pool for added comfort & protection.
    comment & opinions needed: Foamular Insulation Sheathing vs Rigid foam board vs Gorilla FloorPadding vs ??

IMG_1518.jpgIMG_1516.jpgPool level.jpg
    Many Thanks & Great Days to All

Miniman
    6981 Gallon 18 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AG, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 3000 GPH, INTEX 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System, TF-100 Test Kit, Intex Auto Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do Over Do Right I hope

The Gorilla pad is just a tarp really for weed blocking. I have heard of some using foam house board. They say it is nice on the feet. It does need to be triple taped to keep it from gaping.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

thank you
    any recommendations on type of tape?

Miniman
    6981 Gallon 18 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AG, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 3000 GPH, INTEX 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System, TF-100 Test Kit, Intex Auto Pool Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Wide and as good as you can find. I have heard good things about the Gorilla tape (how weird that I do not want you to use the Gorilla pad).

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you again love that Gorilla comment

Miniman

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Are you digging down the high spots to level, or building up the low spots with soil?
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Dug down and then built backup with soil & the sand

Miniman