Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover-Pools Safe-T 3 DIY fabric replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover-Pools Safe-T 3 DIY fabric replacement

Just thought I'd share that this is a very easy DIY project anyone can handle with some patience and a few install manuals from other covers with similar mechanisms. Cover pools is very secretive with their installation manual, and only sells through "authorized" dealers so it can seem daunting, but I went to one of the many copy cat companies and I'm very happy with the result. I won't name them so this doesn't come off as a plug, but I probably saved $2,000 doing it myself. I got the typical $3000 quote from my local dealer, $1500 for the new cover (16x32) and $1500 for labor, and I spend $1100 total for new cover with ropes. It took me all of 4 hours with zero experience and that includes removal and replacement as well as full system servicing and two rope adjustments, which take about 5 minutes. Don't be intimidated. PM with any questions about the install. I don't expect a bunch of replies to this thread. Just wanted a vote of confidence to be searchable on google because I found NOTHING about this cover when I was trying to decide how to proceed.
    14x29, IG, Plaster, Jandy 340 CL cartridge filter,
    Jandy Flo Pro VS 2HP pump, build in progress (started 15 May)
    7' Spa (12" raise) MX6 cleaner, JXI 260,000BTU heater, color LED pool and spa
    Raised bond beam w/18" sheer decent, stamped deck, 4x deck jets, fire pit.
    Here for advice on test kit, maint, things to know, etc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover-Pools Safe-T 3 DIY fabric replacement

Thank you VERY much for the encouraging note. This may be in Skippy and my future in a couple of years so its great to hear it can be done.

Have you found the answer to your test kit and maintenance questions?

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Thank you VERY much for the encouraging note. This may be in Skippy and my future in a couple of years so its great to hear it can be done.

Have you found the answer to your test kit and maintenance questions?

Yippee

Glad to hear it, and I think so, thanks! We actually moved right after we built our first pool, but the new house had a better pool.
    14x29, IG, Plaster, Jandy 340 CL cartridge filter,
    Jandy Flo Pro VS 2HP pump, build in progress (started 15 May)
    7' Spa (12" raise) MX6 cleaner, JXI 260,000BTU heater, color LED pool and spa
    Raised bond beam w/18" sheer decent, stamped deck, 4x deck jets, fire pit.
    Here for advice on test kit, maint, things to know, etc.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
    Just thought I'd share that this is a very easy DIY project anyone can handle with some patience and a few install manuals from other covers with similar mechanisms. Cover pools is very secretive with their installation manual, and only sells through "authorized" dealers so it can seem daunting, but I went to one of the many copy cat companies and I'm very happy with the result. I won't name them so this doesn't come off as a plug, but I probably saved $2,000 doing it myself. I got the typical $3000 quote from my local dealer, $1500 for the new cover (16x32) and $1500 for labor, and I spend $1100 total for new cover with ropes. It took me all of 4 hours with zero experience and that includes removal and replacement as well as full system servicing and two rope adjustments, which take about 5 minutes. Don't be intimidated. PM with any questions about the install. I don't expect a bunch of replies to this thread. Just wanted a vote of confidence to be searchable on google because I found NOTHING about this cover when I was trying to decide how to proceed.
    Chiller just joined forum in order to try and pm you about where you purchased fabric. I'm confident enough about that job, but of course, have no idea how to message you!!