Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac Baracuda MX-8 doesn't move

1. Back To Top    #1

Zodiac Baracuda MX-8 doesn't move

I just bought an mx8 and did everything I was supposed to do to install it to my pool skimmer and it does not move. I removed the hose and there is suction through the hose. I don't get it. Can anyone help out with this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Zodiac Baracuda MX-8 doesn't move

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

Could be something stuck in it. Anything stringy stops a Zodiac MX6 that Im familiar with.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello - did you check the flow through the hose at the vacuum connection point using the provided regulator?

4. Back To Top    #4

When you post a new thread asking for help, please respond with final outcome so all of us can learn from the experience. That's what motivates folks to provide responses to your questions.
    Owner Builder 15x32 sport pool. In process of building. Completing digging, plumbing, electrical, tile & equipment install myself, contracting out remaining.