Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dealing with Irrigation (sprinklers)

1. Back To Top    #1

Dealing with Irrigation (sprinklers)

What is a reasonable price to reroute sprinklers in a medium sized backyard? I got a quote for about $875 to do that after they cut c n capped my irrigation. (Cut n cap was included in pool contract)

Just curios, thanks for any input

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Dealing with Irrigation (sprinklers)

Any project that involves a lot of labor in the pricing will vary greatly from one area to another. I had my back yard irrigation system replaced for less than that, but for comparison you need to consider only prices that are local to you.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, H400 & Heliocol Solar, Dolphin S-300, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit, Smart Home/Alexa pool control

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dealing with Irrigation (sprinklers)

It's going to depend on the extent of what they need to do. I asked 3 irrigation contractors last fall how much it would be to add 1 run of poly with 5 heads - about 180' long, connecting to an existing (no longer needed) valve, all in an unobstructed straight line on an empty part of my yard where I didn't think that I had good enough coverage. First quote was $1200. Second quote was $685, and the third quote was $550. I've done irrigation systems myself in the past, and the last estimate was fair, and event the second one wasn't total out-of-line up here...

I'm in a different part of the country, in heavy clay soil, so take this with a grain of salt. I know that if I had to repair a few zones of my irrigation it would be pretty easy to get to $1k-$2k. The contractors up here hesitate to do up-front pricing on things like repair, because they don't know how long it will take. Most of them want to quote it as an hourly rate...I'm in the middle of this struggle right now...
    Derek - November 2016 Build, Fill, Cover, and Close. Starting Equipment for the first time in Spring 2017: 26K IG 20x40 Vinyl, All Pentair: IntelliFlo VST 2, Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, EasyTouch 8, IntelliChem, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, MasterTemp 250K NG Heater, GloBrite LED lights, Autelis Automation Integration, CoverStar Leading Edge Automatic Cover, Dolphin Quantum Robotic Cleaner, Interfab G-Force 2 slide, Interfab T7 diving board