Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Harwil GLX FLO RP Flow Switch

1. Back To Top    #1

Harwil GLX FLO RP Flow Switch

While searching for "GLX FLO RP" flow switch and found the following products in my search in Google:

Hayward - Goldline P-KIT, GLX-FLO-RP Flow Switch With 2" Unions, Made by Harwil

Hayward Goldline GLX-FlO-RP, 15-Foot Cable, Flow Switch Replacement Kit

I was wondering if anyone tell me the difference between the 2?
    Both are compatible with Harwil right? Which one would be best to use?
    I'm a bit confused...

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Harwil GLX FLO RP Flow Switch

Mike,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions...

Well, the pictures tell it all..

The first one is the whole flow switch assembly, including the mounting unions, the PVC "T", and the flow switch itself.

The second one is just the flow switch by itself. You would buy the second one, to repair the first one, if it were already installed.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I see. I would buy the second one then. Thanks for the valuable information!

4. Back To Top    #4

Only the switch is made by Harwil. The tees and connectors are in case you need them. Typically you can just replace only the switch. You can test the switch with a continuity tester. When the paddle is against the post, the switch will be "closed" and there will be continuity. If there is no continuity, replace the with a new Harwil switch.