Leak in pipe fitting from hayward super pump, help removing

May 26, 2008
I have a leak where the pipe comes out of the pump (behind the basket) and goes up into the filter. I've seen what I think are the right replacement parts but I can't figure out what I have to remove or how to do it. The piece I'm talking about has a bottom ring that turns, a smaller ring above it that seems to not turn and then a piece that fits over my PVC pipe that goes into the filter. The threads fit down into the pump. I have unscrewed the bottom ring off the threads where it goes into the pump as much as it can be unscrewed. Is the whole piece supposed to slide up the pipe or is it normally glued on the pipe or do I have to remove the vertical section of pipe. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like you may have a SPX1485B6. Is the vertical pipe transparent?

If the vertical pipe is attached to the multiport, you'll need to disconnect it before the threads will come out of the top of the pump. Any chance of posting a pic - that would let us know exactly what you're dealing with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.