Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP entry system from deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Question AGP entry system from deck

We're planning to build a deck this spring and I'm looking for a resource to add a built in entry system, not just a ladder. I have not been able to insert an image in this post. It's stairs built in to the side of the pool via a cut out in the deck.

Can anybody give me some direction?

Thanks
    TerriP
    27'x54" AGP - 2HP Hayward SWIMPRO LX PUMP - SW150 Hayward SWIMPRO Voyager Element Tank- - Dyna-Skim Wide Mouth Skimmer SP1091WM - Aquaray vaccuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP entry system from deck

I know Doughboy pools has something like that but it has to be ordered with the pool kit complete. It can not be added later. At least for what they have. You can see it on their website (I don't know if I am supposed to post a link to it).
    24' x 52" 13.5K gal. Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG pool. Pentair CC200 Cartridge Filter. Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump. Dolphin E-10 robot. TF-100 Test Kit. Confer CCX-AG with curve add on pool steps. My Pool Build.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by smankins View Post
    I know Doughboy pools has something like that but it has to be ordered with the pool kit complete. It can not be added later. At least for what they have. You can see it on their website (I don't know if I am supposed to post a link to it).
    I did see the doughboy site. Didn't realize it was pre-build only. Thanks. I'll look for other good alternatives. Husband needs easier access than a ladder.

TerriP
    27'x54" AGP - 2HP Hayward SWIMPRO LX PUMP - SW150 Hayward SWIMPRO Voyager Element Tank- - Dyna-Skim Wide Mouth Skimmer SP1091WM - Aquaray vaccuum

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a platform or small deck on the outside of the pool?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Do you have a platform or small deck on the outside of the pool?
    Nothing now. We are creating plans to build a deck this spring

TerriP

6. Back To Top    #6

Not sure is this is helpful or not but I built a deck over the top rail and used a set of Confir stairs get in and out of the pool. It worked great and my kids ages 2-6 had no problems using them to get in and out of the pool. Having deck access to an AGP is really worth the effort. The fascia board on the deck is a 2x8 and the top step is just at the surface of the water. The top of my deck is 60" from the bottom of the pool which is the max deck height these stairs are designed to work with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for your thoughts. Isn't there a concern about accessing the top rail of the pool if you need to repair the liner?
    TerriP

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a beaded liner so the top rail doesn't have to come off to do a liner change. I debated going even with the top rail but because the deck is set into the hill behind it. I needed the added elevation to get the size deck I wanted and to cut down on the size of that retaining wall in the picture, that I hadn't planned on putting in. If push came to shove though I can get to the top rail.

After reading what you described in your original post I'm debating notching out the deck where the steps are and building a step into the deck to work with the steps in the pool. The wife might kill me though if I start cutting into the deck that took me all last summer to finish.
    Chuck-

9. Back To Top    #9

Heres a different view of the stairs where you can see how they sit in the water and the rest of the deck.

image-20160826_165954_resized.jpg20160724_152200_resized.jpg
    Chuck-

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by TerriP View Post
    We're planning to build a deck this spring and I'm looking for a resource to add a built in entry system, not just a ladder. I have not been able to insert an image in this post. It's stairs built in to the side of the pool via a cut out in the deck.

Can anybody give me some direction?

Thanks

I could have added the steps you were considering with my Radiant pool, but they were $5k!

I went with these http://www.conferplastics.com/pools-and-spa/pool-steps/
    We have the straight and 1/4 round section. If stability is a problem, I probably wouldn't add the 1/4 round since you can't really use both handrails at the same time. Our deck is at the same height as our top rail.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...r/IMG_1173.jpg
    24' Radiant metric semi-inground, Hayward S180T92S, 8/2015 install, TF-100