Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Marengo/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We're planning to build a deck this spring and I'm looking for a resource to add a built in entry system, not just a ladder. I have not been able to insert an image in this post. It's stairs built in to the side of the pool via a cut out in the deck.

Can anybody give me some direction?

Thanks

I know Doughboy pools has something like that but it has to be ordered with the pool kit complete. It can not be added later. At least for what they have. You can see it on their website (I don't know if I am supposed to post a link to it).

I know Doughboy pools has something like that but it has to be ordered with the pool kit complete. It can not be added later. At least for what they have. You can see it on their website (I don't know if I am supposed to post a link to it).

I did see the doughboy site. Didn't realize it was pre-build only. Thanks. I'll look for other good alternatives. Husband needs easier access than a ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure is this is helpful or not but I built a deck over the top rail and used a set of Confir stairs get in and out of the pool. It worked great and my kids ages 2-6 had no problems using them to get in and out of the pool. Having deck access to an AGP is really worth the effort. The fascia board on the deck is a 2x8 and the top step is just at the surface of the water. The top of my deck is 60" from the bottom of the pool which is the max deck height these stairs are designed to work with.

Attachments

• 20160828_152718.jpg
    20160828_152718.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 204
I have a beaded liner so the top rail doesn't have to come off to do a liner change. I debated going even with the top rail but because the deck is set into the hill behind it. I needed the added elevation to get the size deck I wanted and to cut down on the size of that retaining wall in the picture, that I hadn't planned on putting in. If push came to shove though I can get to the top rail.

After reading what you described in your original post I'm debating notching out the deck where the steps are and building a step into the deck to work with the steps in the pool. The wife might kill me though if I start cutting into the deck that took me all last summer to finish.

We're planning to build a deck this spring and I'm looking for a resource to add a built in entry system, not just a ladder. I have not been able to insert an image in this post. It's stairs built in to the side of the pool via a cut out in the deck.

Can anybody give me some direction?

Thanks

I could have added the steps you were considering with my Radiant pool, but they were $5k!

I went with these http://www.conferplastics.com/pools-and-spa/pool-steps/
We have the straight and 1/4 round section. If stability is a problem, I probably wouldn't add the 1/4 round since you can't really use both handrails at the same time. Our deck is at the same height as our top rail.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/2kcougar/IMG_1173.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.