Mar 5, 2017
Lakeville, MN
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi,

I snapped off the air bleed tube while taking apart my cartridge pool filter last fall. It's the long vertical tube that runs the length of the filter starting from the bottom. Now there is just a hole at the bottom of the filter where the threads used to be. What is the function of this tube? Will the filter operate without it, or am I looking at spending $500+ to replace the filter? Can it be repaired? I don't think glue will hold..

Thanks,
Dan

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: That air line should be the filter's way of feeding air up to the top portion of your filter housing for easy purging. Depending upon how it came apart, you "should" be able to repair that line and reattach it to the housing at the bottom. More details about your filter type and/or a pic may help other readers.

While you're at it, don't forget to click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE and enter all of your pool info. It will help us later.

Nice to have you with us.

Thanks for responding! Glad to have found this forum.

The filter is a Eco Kleer 200 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter w/ 1.5 H.P Pool Pump similar to the one here: 200 Sq. Ft. Swimming Pool Cartridge Filter

After doing more research, it sounds like it may be possible to run without the bleeder tube, but I should plug the hole so dirty water can't bypass the filter. I attempted to repair it with a waterproof adhesive, but just the fact that it is a long, narrow, freestanding tube makes me think there is no way the glue is going to hold it in place. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.