Finally drained my pool due to 100+ CYA level

Butterfly said:
Hey, You are done shocking when you meet this three criteria:

1. Your overnight FC loss is 1 ppm or less
2. Your CC is 0.5 or less and
3. Your water is sparkly

This is the overnight test.

If you have questions, please post back.

#3 seemed like a strange description of how my pool water should look but after arriving home yesterday I now understand. My water looks sparkly for the first time in over a year. And I thought my water looked good last year - wow, now it's sparkly. I'll be rechecking my FC in an hour or so and hopefully it held last night. Looks like I might be very close to the end of my water problems. :whoot:

I'll post some pictures soon.

Well, I've officially got it - sparklypoolitis that is. I rechecked my Cl this am and didn't loose any overnight. I'm on my way to a Trouble free pool.

Thanks for the help, I guess I should sell the two Nature2 cartridges that I have. That will buy a lot of bleach!

Congratulations! :goodjob:

The terms sparklypoolitis and pooliosis are kinda interchangable :mrgreen:

It can get worse, For instance, when you insist on taking your kit with you to test every pool you or your family may wish to use. :roll:

Enjoy your pool and keep ahead of your water. Maintenance testing and dosing. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.