Polaris conversion, or not ?

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I'm new to alot of this stuff, so i'm going to throw this question out there.

For starters I have an inground pool, 8' on the deep end.

A friend I work with is offering to sell me their Polaris 65 (which i know is the above ground model)
I've done some research, but was wondering if its possible to buy the extra parts to make it the Polaris 165 (inground model)?

• How much does a used Polaris 65's sell for?

• Then that leads to my next question, is it even worth it to do that, or should i just give it back and look for a different cleaner all together?

Any suggestions on another cleaner?
I've been told the Polaris 360, what about a suction type cleaner?

IMO, he should offer to pay you to take the 65.

The 360 is a good choice if you don't have a booster pump. I'm not a big fan of suction side cleaners, though with a pool your size you could probably get away with one. If the 360 is an option I'd go with that. It will give you the least trouble and best results of the three.

I went with the 360 a few years ago. The pool had a Kreepy Krawly in it when we bought the house and I was never impressed with it. Re-plumbed the suction port of the KK and made it a pressure port. Polaris 360 has been working great ever since! No extra pump needed.

The 165 does not clean anywhere near as well as a 360! If you are going to get a cleaner get one that actually cleans the pool! I also do not like suction side cleaners so if you want a non booster pump pressure side you are limited to the 360, Letro Legend II (a copy of the 360), or the PoolCleaner pressure side model.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.