Stenner Pump with Hayward Tristar VS

Aug 24, 2016
HICKSVILLE, NY
I am undergoing a major renovation and have just had a Hayward Tristar VS 900 pool pump installed. I also just ordered a Stenner 45mhp10 pump for chlorine/bleach injection. What's the best way to set this up so that the Stenner only runs when the pool pump is running? Can the Tristar timer start and stop the Stenner pump?

Tom,

I took a quick look at the manual and did not see anything that made it look like the pump could tell any external device that it was running.

You can control the pump remotely with relay input and even stop the pump with an external input, but I saw nothing about the pump having an external output.

Let's see if some of the other member have a different idea.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Tom,

I find it hard to believe also... :rant:

It seems that someone here built, or was going to build, a current sensing device that could be connected to the pumps AC input line. When it sensed current flow in the power line it would close a relay to indicate the pump was running.

If you want you can try the search box in the upper right of your screen and see if you can find anything.

Jim R.

The current sensing relay that's gotten the most press around here is the Macromatic. There are others of course and they all work about the same way.

Adding a current sensing relay on the power input to the pump would work. You'll have to be able to set the low current sense just above the parasitic drain of the electronics when the pump isn't running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.