Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Replace Bad Light

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Replace Bad Light

    I have a bad light that hasn't worked for years. It is the whole unit since my GFI keeps tripping whenever I hook it up. I am ready to replace the unit.

    Simple (but since I asked, not stupid) question. Do I have to lower the water level below the niche to replace the light unit? This is my last step in getting this pool up to (my) standard but would hate to have to drain the water and refill.

    Thanks for all of your help in advance.

    TPF Rules!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    spishex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hillsborough, NC

    Re: Replace Bad Light

    You don't need to drain the water, but you will probably need to seal around the cord where it enters the niche. There are putties that can do the job, or you can buy a plug similar to one of these.

    BTW, your GFI will trip just from having water in the housing. Granted, water in the housing for a few years tends to destroy the fixture, but it's possible you only need a new bulb and gasket.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts