size SWG?

I was just reading through the current Intellichlor manual online and read the same thing. My older version is what James quoted and I set mine to longest cell life which would be 4 hours.

Agree completely, ford vs chevy and both are excellent products.

Yes, I have 240 going to anywhere I want. I haven't bought my pump yet or my automation so I am open to whatever system. I want to be able to adjust things like the waterfall, lights or spa blower from a remote while in the spa. I will have a waterfall with a separate pump. I'll have a VS pump running both the pool and overflow spa , but with diverter valves to separate the systems. So knowing this, is it still Ford vs. Chevy when it comes to complete Hayward vs. Pentair systems?

To maintain full compatibility and longer warranty, choose the same brand for automation, SWG and VS pump. Both Pentair and Hayward (and Jandy) offer combined SWG and automation which will save you money. Have you decided on the VS pump yet?

Heaters don't matter. They all connect in basically an on/off arrangement with automation. The automation monitors temp and tells the heater to turn on when needed.

My new IC60 is far better at salt reading than my old IC40. The IC60 has a improvements, my guess is temp correct of salt, and was just under 700 bucks. Works like a champ. And since My IC40 lasted way longer than it was supposed to last, I think I'll be 10 years before I need to think about a replacement of the IC60.

It may be that you let the automation decide for you. If you like Pentair automation--get that. If you like Hayward automation, get that. What kind of pump do you have? That might make the decision. If it is Hayward, well there is that. If it is Pentair, that may make your decision for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.