New build on Florida's Space Coast!

MommaJ

Bronze Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Palm Bay
Hello everybody ?

Ive been lurking for a little while as we have been looking at builders and designs. Finally signed the contract and put our deposit down two weeks ago. Waiting on permits to come back and then we will get started!

We bought this house last June and we are excited to see the pool dreams starting to come to fruition. My husband and I have 6 kids ranging from 10-22years old, although only 3 still live at home. Have one away at college and 2 about to get married, plus the three younger ones. We are hoping our home will continue to be the gathering place for our family. Will be plumbing for an outdoor kitchen and fire pit, but we probably won't start work on those till fall.

Pool details:

20x35 gunite free form pool with a 9' tanning ledge and 8' spa with a spillover and double seating. We will have a rock waterfall that flows into the pool, the spa and the built in table area. The plaster will be Florida Stucco gem finish (I think?). The tanning ledge will have a bubbler, light and umbrella holder. There will be one LED light in spa and 2 in pool. Jandy equipment, automation and salt water chlorinator. Pool will be heated with an Aqua Cal SQ120 heat pump.

We currently have no patio space as previous owners enclosed trussed porch to make a Florida room with windows and a/c. We actually use this space regularly so we will add a 12x50 aluminum elite roof (10ft ceiling with 4 fan beams) with paver patio and extend the pavers to a 31x50 deck and screen enclosure. The plan is to replace windows and door with 2 4 panel glass sliders out to pool but we will do that after the build because we want to be swimming this summer.

I only have a drawing of design, no 3D rendering but I will try to attach.

Please forgive me if I left anything out or used incorrect terminology ? I'm still new at this ?

Jen

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 605
MammaJ! Florida in the house!! You will LOVE having a pool and new area to gather in!

You can take a picture of your drawing and we will be able to see it better. Only do the drawing part. The other info about the pool you might have to type out. That is a good idea so we can have a look and tweak as needed.

I would love to see a picture of the yard where it is going!

Kim:kim:

IMG_2148.jpg
Thanks for the welcome!

Here are are some pictures of backyard. We have an acre of land, but house is set back pretty far so backyard isn't huge. It's a great size though and we should have plenty of space.

This is the the view from the Florida room. We would like to take out windows and install slider to pool.
IMG_2149.jpg

Welcome to TFP, you will find a wealth of info here and lots of people with good info. Ask questions ( No question is too dumb) and please post lots of pics. We love pics:cheers:

So, we had some progress this week! Dig was done on Monday. It looks a little shallow on the far side of the pool due to our grade, will use the excavated dirt to bring it back up to level. Hoping we don't have to haul in any more but it is possible.

A near crisis was averted early on. They knocked down a pine tree that they said was in the way of the deck. It was not supposed to be in the way. The foreman showed me his copy of the plans. He had misread them and was putting the pool toward the south side of the yard instead of towards the north. About a 15 foot difference from how it was designed. They also didn't realize that the 12' patio with aluminum elite roof does not exist yet, so they were 12 feet too close to the house!!!!

I am glad I was home. The pool builder showed up shortly after and was very apologetic and thankful that I was paying attention.

The tree was no big deal, and in fact I had them remove three more for free since they had made the mistake in the first place. We have lots of trees, and even though we will have a cage, a few less pine needles will be a bonus. They are just lucky it was a pine and not one of my oaks!

unnamed.jpgIMG_2219.jpgIMG_2221.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2223.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Framer is here this morning-excited to see how that turns out!

I'm sure it will be out of this world. You know there are endless puns to be made regarding the Space Coast (which I LOVE). Spent a few days over Christmas in Cocoa Beach. I'm working on my "I Dream of Jeannie" ones.

His job is very important. It sets the elevation for the whole pool, which is obviously important since your house is close and for decking drainage.

I'm sure it will be out of this world. You know there are endless puns to be made regarding the Space Coast (which I LOVE). Spent a few days over Christmas in Cocoa Beach. I'm working on my "I Dream of Jeannie" ones. ��

His job is very important. It sets the elevation for the whole pool, which is obviously important since your house is close and for decking drainage.

Love living in my area! Should be able to see rocket launches while lounging in the pool. Night ones are the best!

Got some plumbing done and some of the frame work. They are coming back tomorrow to finish and the gunite should come early next week. Excited to get a better idea of what it will actually look like.
IMG_2248.jpgIMG_2253.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 469
We are so excited! I think they are planning gunite for Tuesday! My biggest problem is I have not picked pavers, tile or pool finish yet ;) or stone for the waterfall. We have about 1500 sq ft of deck if you include the covered patio that is yet to be built- so trying to go with the included finishes-cement pavers, Florida Stucco gem finish and standard waterline tile. Tough decisions for this indecisive girl :D

MommaJ, that is going to be a very nice looking pool,I can't wait to see finished pics. I love looking at all the pools. I have spent many vacations in Cocoa Beach, absolutely love it there. Favorite place is Kelsey's pizza. I have been there to watch a night launch, awesome...something you won't forget. Hope the install goes well and please post pics.

GUNITE DAY!

Today is the day my pool starts to look like a pool! So excited!

View out my back windows
IMG_2275.jpg

Just getting started!
IMG_2277.jpg

It was an interesting start because I have a large lot (1 acre) and the hoses didn't reach. I was scared they would try my driveway, but after looking at it decided to just get a longer hose. My driveway is long and free of cracks so I am thankful for that!
IMG_2278.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.