Repairing crack options?

adamt

Feb 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not 100% sure yet that there is a crack at the bottom of my pool, but all signs are pointing that way. I had a great leak detector guy come out yesterday who checked all the plumbing, lines, lights, coping, tile, deck, and even swam around the entire pool for about 30 minutes looking for a leak with dye. He didn't find anything, but did rule out everything except a hairline crack that could have been missed from being so small. I'll be draining my pool shortly to help spot the problem, but just thinking in advance, what are my options for fixing a crack that is leaking about an inch of water a day?

Our pebblesheen has cracked three times. Each time the PB mixed black and white pool putty together to get a gray (that didn't match my plaster very well :)) and mooshed it into the crack. It cures underwater. One of the three cracks leaked and it hasn't leaked in 4 or 5 years.

Our pebblesheen has cracked three times. Each time the PB mixed black and white pool putty together to get a gray (that didn't match my plaster very well :)) and mooshed it into the crack. It cures underwater. One of the three cracks leaked and it hasn't leaked in 4 or 5 years.

Great! I'll look into that. Do you know if I'd need to open the crack wider to get down to the gunite and put putty there too or would just sealing the crack be enough?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.