Does a Polaris 280 always require a booster pump?

May 23, 2009
Enterprise, AL
The PB is coming by tomorrow to mark the pool layout for digging this week (look for pics soon in Under Construction)! :party: :whoot: :cheers:

I've elected to install a Polaris 280 system with the build and normally the filter pump he installs for this size pool requires a booster pump for the Polaris. I've chosen to upgrade the main pool pump to an Intelliflow VS 3050. Will the booster pump still be needed in this case since I'm probably WAY oversized, but wanted the variable speed pump? What additional information do you need to form an opinion?

The 280 almost always needs a booster pump. It runs on high pressure at the cleaner itself (~30psi I think?), and in order to generate that much pressure at the end of a 20' long 1/2" hose with your filter pump, you'd have to put the rest of your equipment under even more pressure. It might be possible with the VS depending on your plumbing, but you'd be better off just using the booster pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.