Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Isolation Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Isolation Valves

In the spring it will be time to change out my 1 1/2 ball valves to isolate the pump and filter as the handles have broken leaving stubs to turn with a slip-joint pliers. The sun beating down on the equipment pad has not been kind to the valves. I maybe got 3 years out of them before the handles became brittle. My system has been hard-plumbed and I'm leaning towards a Pentair Pool Diverter Valve, super nice but less costly than Jandy valves. What has worked best for you?
    18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Isolation Valves

Honestly, I would just spend a bit more for jandy never lube valves.
    I cringe every time I see a new installation with those cheaper orange or blue handled valves that eventually get very difficult to turn.

If it were me, I'd also think about building some sort of coverage for the equipment to protect it from rain and sun.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Isolation Valves

The Pentair valves are just as good as Jandy. I've got some of both and they both work fine and are the same after 5 years.

Like these Pentair Valve, 3 Way Pvc, 1 1/2 Slip Od) (263037) - INYOPools.com
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach