Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Trueclear???

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Trueclear???

Looks like the pool company will be here in a couple weeks to replaster.

My wife wants to go Saltwater and we were at Pinch A penny yesterday choosing the plaster color and they were pushing the Jandy TrueClear SWG. I searched here and did not find much information on them. Price is right at $1K installed. Previously I was thinking of going with the Hayward that was about the same price if I installed it myself. Pool guy said "But the Jandy will come with a warranty". Will the Hayward not have a warranty if I install it myself? Seems like a pretty simple install to me.
    Pool: In-ground, Kidney Shaped, Unknown Size, Sand Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Trueclear???

It does seem simple but it is up to the company if they will warranty a DIY install. Some will, some will not. It is best to call the company and ask them.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Warranty terms seem to be all over the place for each manufacturer. I just looked up the warranty on Hayward's website and it states a 3 year warranty for the AquaRite units with no mention of needing a certified installer to get this warranty.

Whatever system you get make sure you know the warranty terms and if a certified installer is required to receive that warranty.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Also, make sure it is correctly sized for your pool. We recommend at least 2X your pool gallons if at all possible.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm betting finding replacement cells for the jandy will be tough and the cell doesn't look that big. Plus Jandy isn't known for their reliability with salt generators.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    Plus Jandy isn't known for their reliability with salt generators.
    Not too sure about this as we have seen very few issues since they switched to their new tri-sensor design.

As for the reliability of the Trueclear SWG all I can say is that I haven't seen any issues with that design either, but that is a fairly new design.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

I had to replace board and transformer. That's low reliability to me.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.