Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: polaris 360 help

1. Back To Top    #1

polaris 360 help

My cleaner works fine 75% of the time but 2 or 3 times a day it will be sitting and the wheels aren't turning..I can pick it up and push them backwards a touch and they will start again..Anybody seen this or know what to check inside the cleaner..I have rebuilt them before but this one is only a few years old.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: polaris 360 help

We have others around with those types of cleaners. Hopefull someone will see this with a bump to the top.

Best of luck!

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I would check the belts the drive the wheels. they might be loose, or there maybe be debris that is causing a jam.
    Sacramento, CA - In Ground Plaster - 18,00 Gallons - Chlorine - 3HP Pentair Intelliflow #11018 - Pentair Clean & Clear Filter #160301 - Dolphin S200 Robot - TF100

4. Back To Top    #4

I just got this cleaner and noticed the same a few times.
    What I found was first the screen in the pressure regulator was getting clogged up. Very fine dirt/grit (maybe DE or just sand from pool bottom) was clogging up the screen. In my case I was running the 360 with my waterfall pump which does not get filtered. So I added a Jandy Waterfall Strainer.
    Then second, I bumped the pressure up some (adjusted regulator to turn wheels faster then the setup manual specified).

So far this seems to have corrected the issue - but its still too early to tell for sure.
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station