Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crazy Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Crazy Problems

The gas company improperly marked the gas line as being inside the easement. The pool company came and started digging and had to stop because there is a gas line running through the middle of our back yard. Thank God they didn't break it! Side issue... Century link labeled the gas line as theirs so we wasted a week working with them trying to figure out what it was.

The gas company will move the line at their expense. However, there is a tree in the neighbors yard right at the property line. We've already paid to trim back the tree because of the leaves falling it the future pool. Now the tree is heavily weighted on the neighbors side. The gas company came out and I asked them if it would be an issue but he asked me to ask our tree guy if he could cut back the roots. He said that he highly recommends against it because with the trimming and the cutting of roots I am making myself liable if the tree dies or falls on their property, which is more likely due to the pruning and removal of roots. I feel that the gas company should pay for tree removal. However, they can't come out for 3-4 weeks and I"m ready to just drop 1000 to remove the tree IF I can get the neighbors to agree to it.

Anyone know anything about this??

Ugh. We signed our contract early December~! We're already looking at a mid May finish.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crazy Problems

I think most people would be understanding of the tree issue and since you are willing to pay for it, they should be accommodating

36k gallon in ground, Hayward 30in sand filter, 2hp Hayward pump, in-line chlorinator. Vinyl from Ohio.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd ask them to spit the cost.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyn View Post
    I think most people would be understanding of the tree issue and since you are willing to pay for it, they should be accommodating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    my neighbor is already having a cow over the pin oak on our property line with trucks coming in and out. he was a basket case when we built. it's like a family member to him. I don't have the heart to tell him it's actually on my property when I had my lot surveyed. I just couldn't do it, but let me tell you if it is in our way when I start, I might have to have a sad sit down with him and tell him to get the marsh-mellows and chocolate ready for a nice fire.

5. Back To Top    #5

Lol

36k gallon in ground, Hayward 30in sand filter, 2hp Hayward pump, in-line chlorinator. Vinyl from Ohio.

6. Back To Top    #6

When you said crazy problems, this is what I was imagining. We had a "microburst" come through and destroy our little pool shed and send our trampoline airborne into the woods.