Weather resistant plug

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I seen awhile back but cannot find a post showing where someone had used "liquidtight" conduit and a twist lock 240V plug. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how this can be accomplished? I am going to install a 240V outlet for my pool pump motor and want to encase the wiring in liquidtight conduit. I am having a hard time time an adapter that allows the liquidtight to connect to the plug head. I will have the outlet in an outdoor weather resistant box but want the conduit to be fully sealed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is the box I was looking to use. So will the liquid tight just but against the plug? I may try to figure something out at the store to at least make a decent seal. Maybe not water tight (the cover will accomplish that) but something more than liquid tight just being cut flush against the plug.

I believe so. I can't figure out how to see the by the foot bulk wire but it seems like i remember them having 10-3 and 12-3 wire in a black rubber outdoor rated jacket by the foot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.