Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaf net cover question

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaf net cover question

I have a lot of trouble with leaves getting in my pool. In fact all summer long you'd think it was autumn by the amount of leaves in my pool every day. I'm considering getting a leaf net cover but before I spend the money I was wondering if these work and if any of you recommend them
    Thanks
    Mike
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Leaf net cover question

I use one, but only in the fall & over my winter cover. Works great at keeping the leaves out.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the comment. Why out of curiosity don't you sue during the summer? Too much hassle?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a lot of trees around my pool also but I only use the leaf net in the fall to keep the leaves out before I close the pool for the winter. In the summer I just use a pole net to scoop the leaves out that have floated in. To me the full leaf net is a bit of a hassle. My solar cover is easier to remove and put back on.
    Larry
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Larryh86GT View Post
    I have a lot of trees around my pool also but I only use the leaf net in the fall to keep the leaves out before I close the pool for the winter. In the summer I just use a pole net to scoop the leaves out that have floated in. To me the full leaf net is a bit of a hassle. My solar cover is easier to remove and put back on.
    Larry
    Same here, between my solar cover (on a reel), skimmer, & manual skimming, the big net is not worth the hassle.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!