Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new salt water pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool new salt water pool owner

Hi everyone,
    Just moved into my new home in Atlanta, GA and dream come true with owning my very first salt water pool.
    Very excited to learn all I can about how my pool works and to maintain it properly.
    pool.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new salt water pool owner

Beautiful pool!!

Welcome to the forum! You came to the right place if I do say so. Enjoy your stay.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome fellow Georgian and salt water pool owner! You'll love the site here. When possible, edit your signature as described here, so your pool and equipment details are available if you run into any issues.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you Gary,
    Appreciate the info and just updated my signature. I feel complete now, except have a lot to learn

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome! Feel free to ask any and all question you may have. I guaranty that many of us were in the same place and have found TFP to be the BEST resource for answers.

Might I suggest that you checkout Pool School up at the top of the page? There are a lot of good articles and it gives a good explanation of what we are all about.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

+1 on Bob's suggestion. Yes it can be overwhelming at first, but take your time, ask questions, read up, and realize it will take time. In a couple months you'll be feeling like an expert.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.