Just getting started in katy/Houston

Feb 22, 2017
Katy/texas
Just started the process of interviewing PBs for a backyard pool. Have no idea what I'm doing and found this amazing site. I got my first bid the other day with an emailed copy of the design but he wouldn't give me a copy of the specs and prices. Is that normal?

Hange,

Welcome to TFP... A Great place to start your pool research. :shark:

Some pool builders have contract designers that just design the layout of pools and don't get involved first hand with pricing.

I suspect at this point they just want to have you approve the general design. Once that happens they will provide you with pricing.

Changes can still be made, but I suspect it saves them time on the initial design phase.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I'm sorry I should have been clearer. He showed me the specs and the prices on his laptop but did not give me a copy only a copy of the design. He said I could ask him anytime about a specific price or equipment spec but I couldn't have a copy. This is a pretty big company with good reviews. After reading a lot of your threads, it seems like most bids provide a list of the specs. Is this unusual?

I am sure if u decide to go with him he will give u everything. I know our PB had a folder with everything lined out with all the specs and how much everything cost. We went through prob 5 PBs before we chose him. Be sure and check on BBB too for any bad reviews and even Angie's list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hanje - we just built a pool in your general neck of the woods and all quotes we received we were provided email copies to make the decision. We didn't receive a line by line breakout until we made a decision but definitely designs (including videos) and estimated cost.

I would definitely recommend our builder and can share through PM if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.