Hellooooooo from Raleigh, NC!

ny2nc

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Hi there! I have posted in the "Under Construction" section, but thought it might be fun to introduce myself here, too! We've lived in our house for almost 7 years and I have been not-so-subtly nudging my husband along to get a pool. It's a great yard for a pool! Apparently I finally wore him down (I'm no quitter!) because we start building on 3/13! :D

We have two daughters - 6 and 3 and a somewhat (ok, very) neurotic German Shepherd named Bella. We surprised our girls Christmas morning with the news we were getting a pool. I'll have to upload some of those pictures to share, it was a really fun surprise! Can't wait to see how those 3 react to the new "aquatic center" going in our back yard!:cool:

We are getting a Tallman Fiberglass pool "Key West" model and can't wait! We are planning to do some sort of fire pit near the pool and now I have decided that I want an outdoor "bathroom" type area to cut down on traffic through the house (my poor hardwood floors!). Since the pool took 7 years of convincing I am estimating a 2024 start date on the bathroom. LOL

Other than our recent interest in building pools, we both enjoy music, margaritas, good Mexican food, and using our grill and charcoal smoker to its fullest capabilities. Oh, and we have a restored muscle car...73 Dodge Charger that we like to drive around on the weekends for kicks! :cool:

Nice to meet you all! Can't wait to learn from all of you seasoned veterans on here! :D

Video of our backyard now: Backyard Before Pool - YouTube

Yay you!! I'll be excited with you to follow along with your build. We love our fiberglass pool, it was the best option for the size of our yard. You can see our pool build in the link below.

If you're thinking of future bathroom, you might consider at least having some of the plumbing and electrical lines run during construction of the pool. Then they'll be ready and it will save digging up the yard again. I wish we'd run a faucet down to the pool deck area to simplify watering plants/flowers. And an outlet is useful for robot cleaners...and margarita machines! LOL

Yippee :flower:

Hello NY2NC! I too am from NY and living in Raleigh, with an 8, 6 and 3 year old... all girls! Just bought a house with a 24' above ground pool and I'm here looking for clues as to what to do next lol. Thought I'd say hello since we're from the same place, now living in the same place, with girls as well :)

Hi hbgarbe! That is too funny! What part of NY are you from? I am from LI. There are a lot of NYers around for sure! Having all girls is fun, isn't it? Never a dull moment over here and someone always needs a hairstyle! We are putting in a fiberglass pool here in a few days, so I can't offer any advice on the above ground stuff....but best of luck with it!

Hello NY2NC! I too am from NY and living in Raleigh, with an 8, 6 and 3 year old... all girls! Just bought a house with a 24' above ground pool and I'm here looking for clues as to what to do next lol. Thought I'd say hello since we're from the same place, now living in the same place, with girls as well :)