How to tell if I bought original Hayward DE filters or not?

jb

Jul 2, 2011
North Texas
Hi all. With swimming season around the corner I decided to replace my DE filters. My filter about is 12 Years old. I installed it (well had it installed). We got out first tear two years ago, and then one last year and another just tore a few weeks ago. So we got a solid 10 years out of the originals, I'm well happy with that. When reading some online websites to buy new ones, I noticed several users prefering to spend the extra money and buy original Hayward filters as they had a similar experience to me, yet when they tried the attractively priced aftermarket, only got 2 or 3 years before they started tearing.

SO, I decided to by original at a premium. I found a drop in filter assembly for $399. For my Hayward DE7200.

All is good, but when the filters arrived, I began to become suspicious that the filters weren't original. Two things. one the box was an assembly of two boxes taped together. Second and more suspicious was all the filters had tags on them that had been CUT OFF! I contacted the seller who was very short and claimed they are Hayward filters and return them if I didn't like them. He had no reason why he cut all the tags off.

I am hoping if I attach a few pics, somebody might be able to ID these filters as original Hayward or not. Please bare with me while I attempt to attach some photos.

Probably not original Hayward. Anytime someone cuts off a tag like that, it raises a red flag.

The blue stitching is probably not a Hayward thing.

Might be Filbur brand.

Also, you're missing the air relief tube.

Wow. Thank you both so much. It appears I have indeed been subject to a fraudulent sale. The seller could have said it was a mistake but I have a follow up email from him instead stating the grids are Hayward and return if I don't like them. They appear indeed to be the Filbur brand. They did include an air relief tube, not pictured. The plastic piece on top is Hayward. They ordered a Hayward top and bottom, filled it with Filbur grids and are making a nice little profit. The tip of the Filbur logo is still visible on the remaining piece of the tag on many of the grids. I wonder if I should make Hayward aware of this? Or if they would even care.

Any suggestions on where I should shop?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.