Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer of sorts ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer of sorts ?

Hi! I have about a 40 foot infinity trough that i can see is going to be a royal pain in the you know what, since everything falls into it.. I have a Dolphin Triton plus, which does an amazing job brushing etc.. the main pool area, the problem is, it doesn't do that great in the trough, it does work. But, it gets stuck too much and requires me toting the equipment down there with a extension cord etc.. Annoying for sure! Anyhow, i was looking online.Is there a stand alone gadget i can put into the trough that would float around and collect all the debri ? I get a lot of pine,moss and some leaves in there and i am going to be honest.I don't really know how to connect the vac etc... up So i just been doing the triton in there manually and keep moving it around. I saw some skimmers online, but they all plug into the vac line. Is the easily solution probably a more compact robot like the triton but smaller? I will try to do some research and figure out the positions to make the vac work etc.. If that's my only solution.The trough width is probably 2-3 foot wide.
    18.7k gallons + spa 700gal, AG, Pebble,-Jandy flo pro variable speed Infinity edge epump 1 - Jandy flo pro pump, (2hp), Filled 12/17/16 - Taylor k2006 - jet pump,blower,Spa Heater,SWCG AquaPure, Dolphin Triton Plus,Iaqualink

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Skimmer of sorts ?

Your question is fairly unique, I am sure others have had the problem but I have not seen any threads around the topic. You may get a few more suggestions if you post a picture of the area, often times an image will ensure suggestions are relevant to the situation.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

I picture with something to refers for size so we know what you are working with. Someone will have an idea or two.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Not cheap and I haven't tried it, but what about something like this? You'd have a return window on Amazon if it doesn't navigate the area correctly... https://www.amazon.com/Solar-Breeze-.../dp/B00DK9H1C8
    In ground vinyl Grecian, 24k gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, VGreen VSP 165, Hayward SWG, Raypak NG 265k heater, dolphin m4.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for tips. I just need to learn how to hook up the vac to the dedicated port.

18.7k gallons + spa 700gal, AG, Pebble,-Jandy flo pro variable speed Infinity edge epump 1 - Jandy flo pro pump, (2hp), Filled 12/17/16 - Taylor k2006 - jet pump,blower,Spa Heater,SWCG AquaPure, Dolphin Triton Plus,Iaqualink