What do I need to buy if I am filling my pool for the first time?

Sep 25, 2016
Waskom,TX
I am filling my pool for the first time after replacing the pool liner. I have a 33 ft round 54 inches deep chlorine pool. It is not a salt water pool. It is 29,000 gallons of water and we have a sand filter and 1 1/2 hp pump. I have ordered a water testing kit that TFP suggested but I have no clue where to start as far as how much bleach and other things to put in my pool to get the levels right. Can someone point me in the direction I need to go or help me with the amounts that I need and what I need to buy. We want to start our new season with out using products from the pool supply store. Thank you so much for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry about stocking up on a bunch of pool stuff. You can add 1/2 of bleach (8.25% or higher) a day for now. When you get your test kit you can see what you have and where to adjust from there. I suppose you can go ahead and get some CYA (stabilizer) as it will not be present in your fill water.

You can practice here https://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

and print this out Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

and post a full test when your kit comes!

Hello and welcome!

Ill have to look that up, never heard of Waskom. You can find everything you need chemical wise at the grocery or hardware store with extremely few exceptions. First, you need Pool School. Begin with the ABCs there, and move on. Ask all the questions you need too, and read around the forums. Knowledge, testing, and understanding are all you need to care properly for your pool. All of that is here, and you have the best kit on the way, so you're moving down the right track already. :goodjob:

Enjoy your time on TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.