Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing it all

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing it all

Replacing the SWG, Pump, and Filter for a 40,000 gallon pool. The pool is outdoors but covered by a permanent greenhouse.
    Since the greenhouse chemical use is reduced dramatically and the amount of debris is low.

I want something easy to maintain and I'd like to set it and forget it as much as I can. That isnt currently the case with my existing set up - the pump and filter are over 30 years old.

What would you buy today? I'm considering cartridge because of the low amount of debris we get now.

My hobby is my pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing it all

I am a fan of my Pentair equipment so I would get a Pentair VS or two speed pump and an FNS 60sqft DE filter (use a fiber alternative to DE). With the amount of debris you get I would assume that you would need to backwash the filter maybe once, if that, the entire season. I do not have a SWG so I cannot provide a recommendation there.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA