Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward pump motor parts

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward pump motor parts

Anyone know if you can buy internal parts for the Hayward motors? I am needing the plastic "V" that you can see when you take the cover off the end, where you wire in the power wire. Not sure what this part is called or if I can even buy one. I replace the bearings in the pump and while I was reassembling it I somehow broke this part. Not sure if its plastic of a type of fiberglass material. I will try to superglue it but would rather replace it. Anyone have any advice of an old pump they are willing to part out? Its a Hayward Super Pump 1HP Model C48K2N143B1.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward pump motor parts

Reall don't know, but we have some folks who will when they see this.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

The part is called a stationary switch. I actually found them online but they are about $30. I also needed one of the long bolts that hold the shaft cover on and those are around $10. That was going to be hard to justify spending that amount on an older pump. I finally googled electric motor repair in my area and found a small shop close by. They literally had 100's of torn apart pool pumps laying about and most of them Hayward pumps. I told him what I was needing and he gave me both for free. Cant beat that! I know where I will be going if I ever need parts or a new motor.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

A favorite here is Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com
    While I have not personally needed to use yet, from all I've read here and searches for others on parts, they seem like a great place to go.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.