Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

What will be the final look of the bench, wall, and columns? Will you be using the stone on all of the structure or just parts for accent?

That's a great picture you posted to help get the overview. Without the answers yet, my first reaction is to be careful of taking away the wow factor of your spa spillway. Maybe incorporate some of the spillway stone (or similar) as trim on the bench structure. Other than having some accents, I'm leaning towards using the same ledger stone as the pool raised wall and wings on the spa.

From the view of the photo, a dark stone on all of the bench structure is going to get lost in front of your perimeter wall.

We were looking to do the entire bench and column in one of those stones. And make the bench seats and column caps the same as deck .
The only thing we were thinking was not doing it to light since the deck and the stone are already light. We wanted to match it to the spa spillway so there is some nice contrast.
We are open to all ideas though

So they came to install my SWG and had to replace the pipe cause it was leaking so no SWG and to make matters worse, the gas company came out and installed bigger meter and.....
My brand new heater doesn't work. :(...... now it will have to be replaced under warranty which could take another week and my water is down to 77 so now all I can do is look at the pool cause I can't find a wet suit that fits me Hahahaha.
I'm being tortured with this cold water

will what was wrong with ur heater. I thought I had a doa too but it was a backwards plugged in wire!

I'm sorry the swg couldn't go in either.

I'm sorry u had a bad go at it. Tomorrow will be better!

good luck man!

jim

Kim and Suz and everyone else-
Thanks for all the feedback, you all gave me things to think about that I didn't even consider. This is why I love TFP and now my wife is running with ideas and wants to do columns a different stone than the rest , so many choices now lol

will what was wrong with ur heater. I thought I had a doa too but it was a backwards plugged in wire!

I'm sorry the swg couldn't go in either.

I'm sorry u had a bad go at it. Tomorrow will be better!

good luck man!

jim

They just said the heater wasn't getting power when they came back out to look at it. The ez touch turns on but the heater does nothing. I guess I could call pentair and try to troubleshoot myself even behind the electrician..... can you post a pic or diagram of how the wires hook up on the heater side? I'll take a look in the morning and maybe I'll get lucky

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found a picture which might give you some ideas. You have to use your imagination. Lol!!! So, use the stone you like on the columns and your travertine for the seat of the bench and the caps of the columns. That's almost what ya'll were first thinking about, but without using the stone on the middle sections between the columns. I can't tell what was used in this picture for the back or the bench or under the bench. Maybe AmyJo, Kim, or someone can tell.

If the picture doesn't work right (I can't tell in the preview), it's because I'm totally lost without PhotoBucket. It took me an hour to get the picture this far. :crazy:

In the picture, imagine the columns square and taller, the back of the bench taller, and the entire thing not as long. And get rid of the firepit. That's all....Lol!! Then you've got yours!

Mama Suz

If you click on the picture it goes full screen. Good job Suz!

It looks like they used stucco on the back of the of the bench and under the seat. That is pretty with the stone on the uprights and the pretty pillows! It would be comfy to lean against as well.

Kim:kim:

Thanks, Kim!!! Stucco sounds right - I had no idea. It looks very high-end to me. Perfect with Will's travertine, and the stone would tie in with the spa spillway.

Will, I'm eager to see what your wife comes up with!!

Man so sorry to hear all this...your water is 77?? Are you sure you are in Vegas and not Wyoming? Hang in there buddy all will be well soon!

So they came to install my SWG and had to replace the pipe cause it was leaking so no SWG and to make matters worse, the gas company came out and installed bigger meter and.....
My brand new heater doesn't work. :(...... now it will have to be replaced under warranty which could take another week and my water is down to 77 so now all I can do is look at the pool cause I can't find a wet suit that fits me Hahahaha.
I'm being tortured with this cold water

Man so sorry to hear all this...your water is 77?? Are you sure you are in Vegas and not Wyoming? Hang in there buddy all will be well soon!

I know! 77 degrees?? I'm so confused, I thought in Vegas you needed a chiller to keep your water cold! Does your house shade the pool all day or something? I'm floating in a warm bath tub here in Dallas--ugh! :(

I found a picture which might give you some ideas. You have to use your imagination. Lol!!! So, use the stone you like on the columns and your travertine for the seat of the bench and the caps of the columns. That's almost what ya'll were first thinking about, but without using the stone on the middle sections between the columns. I can't tell what was used in this picture for the back or the bench or under the bench. Maybe AmyJo, Kim, or someone can tell.

If the picture doesn't work right (I can't tell in the preview), it's because I'm totally lost without PhotoBucket. It took me an hour to get the picture this far. :crazy:

In the picture, imagine the columns square and taller, the back of the bench taller, and the entire thing not as long. And get rid of the firepit. That's all....Lol!! Then you've got yours!

Mama Suz

Thanks for the pic, I think that looks awesome. We discussed today doing the columns in the island stone and the rest of the bench in ledger stone that we used around pool
I really appreciate all the ideas and it will help make the bench spectacular

I know! 77 degrees?? I'm so confused, I thought in Vegas you needed a chiller to keep your water cold! Does your house shade the pool all day or something? I'm floating in a warm bath tub here in Dallas--ugh! :(

No shade at all during day, it's 6 and only half the pool is shaded.
I was expecting my pool to be warm here which I will like but it's quite the opposite. Next summer I may get solar, I thought about a blanket but don't want to mess with that

Well Big Will we had heavy rains here in Texas last night and my pool water shows 84 this morning....

Hey neighbor...Been kinda busy, as my landscaper finally decided I was worthy of his labor, and, am just now catching up after that chaos. So, I had some time to check in to see what's up with TFP.

I'm sorry I didn't get to contribute some data points from across the 4 lane, but better late than never I guess. Our pool (3-5 ft depth), east west orientation, on north side of the house, gets very little shade until after about 5 pm, has been starting off in the 79-81 degree range (82 right now, ambient air temp 98), and has hit as high as 89 degrees, but is usually 85-86 by the early afternoon. You've got about 50% more water than we do, so it sounds like you're not doing too bad temp wise. For me, above 84 degrees, the water feels less "refreshing". For the wife, she likes it at 87 or higher. (we really had to compromise on the spa temp!) So, I understand that everyone likes a different temperature.

You are really lucky with your MA consumption rate. I've got to add 1/2 gallon of acid every other day to mine, but I try to keep it around 7.2-7.5 due to the high calcium in my water (currently 750) I am also envious of your calcium level! I even tested the neighbors pool across the street to make sure I was testing correctly (his is even higher than mine) It's interesting how things are very different, when we live so close. Maybe that pool fairy is putting my acid in your pool? LOL

And if you're still reading this Foxy, where are you getting the 26% acid concentration? I can only find 14.5% stuff, and I'd love to use a more concentrated version, so it took up less storage room.

They just said the heater wasn't getting power when they came back out to look at it. The ez touch turns on but the heater does nothing. I guess I could call pentair and try to troubleshoot myself even behind the electrician..... can you post a pic or diagram of how the wires hook up on the heater side? I'll take a look in the morning and maybe I'll get lucky

sooooo sorry i missed this yesterday!

biggest thing i saw when installing the easytouch was if you don't have the fireman's fuse setup right. that needs to be pulled and then that 2 wire gets sent to the circuit board on the easy touch in the heat portion. its the panel that folds down. heater plug for the 2 wire is located on ur bottom right. i can send a pic tonight when i get home. without that wire the heater will not power up with pushing the heat button on the easytouch.

do they have a low volt 2 wire leading out of the heater BESDIES the line voltage to the breaker? that's the main question.

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.