Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentair iCHLOR

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair iCHLOR

Anyone have any intel on Pentair's new SWG?

Pentair - iChlor™ Salt Chlorine Generator
    19,xxx gal gunite pool ,Fafco Solar, Pentair; Intelliflo VS Pump, EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear Plus Filter,ScreenLogic2, IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator, 3 IntelliBrite 5g LED lights and 1 Color Cascade LED Light Bubbler. 3 deck jets and 1 sheer decent waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair iCHLOR

Software detects IntelliFlo pump activity, preventing the generation of chlorine while the pump is not activated.
    That's interesting. I wonder how they do that? It's a good feature.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

First I've seen it. It looks like they rolled the power center and controls all into the cell. No install/user manual available yet.

It looks like they still use a flow sensor. There is a flow sensor listed under accessories here, http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...erator-493.htm
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I like that it's adjustable in 1% increments.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

I came across something similar in my equipment search that is only sold in Europe. This looks like a newer version of the EU iChlor. Note: it's marked TradeGrade similar to the IntelliFlo 2 VST, so it won't be sold online.
    https://www.pentairpartners.com/prod...Sanitizers.pdf

Build thread - 15'x30' rectangular gunite pool; 17,400 gal; 5'x8' spa raised 12" w/ 8' spillover; 10'x6' Baja shelf; Two 18" tall columns w/ 27" water bowls; Light travertine coping w/ Light 2x4' split travertine ledgestone; Jules Rustic Blue tile; Pentair IC60 SWG; Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST; Pentair SuperFlo 1HP; Pentair CC520 Cartridge filter; Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/ ScreenLogic2; Four Pentair GloBrite; Raypak 406 heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm in the market for a new SWG after my autopilot blew up after only a few years.

Where can I buy one in time for this season?
    My hobby is my pool

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Foosman View Post
    I came across something similar in my equipment search that is only sold in Europe. This looks like a newer version of the EU iChlor. Note: it's marked TradeGrade similar to the IntelliFlo 2 VST, so it won't be sold online.
    https://www.pentairpartners.com/prod...Sanitizers.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lame. Wonder if there is any performance increase over the INTELLICHLOR
    19,xxx gal gunite pool ,Fafco Solar, Pentair; Intelliflo VS Pump, EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear Plus Filter,ScreenLogic2, IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator, 3 IntelliBrite 5g LED lights and 1 Color Cascade LED Light Bubbler. 3 deck jets and 1 sheer decent waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    First I've seen it. It looks like they rolled the power center and controls all into the cell.
    Idiots! They were supposed to remove everything from the cell! That's just about the worst place to have them.
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

9. Back To Top    #9

The brochure puts a "1.0" next to the iChlor30 model (for 30,000 gal pools) which might indicate 1lbs/day production rate. My guess is they're trying to make a small SWG for those pools that just need a drop-in solution as opposed to Pentair's glaring problem of always requiring an automation system to go with their IntelliChlor SWG's. But given they've now put everything on board this unit, I suspect the price point will still be ridiculous high.

Move along, move along, nothing to see here...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

10. Back To Top    #10

Agreed, there needs to be a generating cell and a power/control center. Unless they have spec'd their power and control centers to be cheap and replaced in 5-8 years as well.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

First I've seen it. It looks like they rolled the power center and controls all into the cell. No install/user manual available yet.

It looks like they still use a flow sensor. There is a flow sensor listed under accessories here, http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...erator-493.htm
    If you look under "Specs" in the link above, you will see a part number for the pool cell only, and a part number for the bundle that includes the power center. Looks to me like you can replace just the cell on this from that info.
    Inground vinyl 23'x40' Aspen shape, ~27K gallons, Sta-Rite Intellipro 2 VST Pump, Sta-Rite System:3 Mod DE Filter (60 sq ft), Hybrid In-Floor System (Paramount Valve with Caretaker Heads), AquaComfort Heat Pump, 3x Savi Melody Sol 28W LED Lights, Pentair IC60 SWCG, EasyTouch Automation with ScreenLogic, TF-100 test kit.

12. Back To Top    #12

Ooooh, good eye! Yes, it does! Seems like they designed it so the cell can be swapped. Nice. They need to hurry up and publish the manual so we can quit guessing!
    TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

I found this, but it doesn't give much info.

iChlor™ Salt Chlorine Generator - YouTube

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

If I read correctly from my Pentair sales and tech reps it is trade grade. If this is correct it will only be available through distribution for awhile.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by swimcmp View Post
    If I read correctly from my Pentair sales and tech reps it is trade grade. If this is correct it will only be available through distribution for awhile.
    Tell you Pentair reps that they need a system to display diagnostic info - volts, amps, etc. The fact that they actively hide this info from the pool owner is annoying and dumb.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

16. Back To Top    #16

Does anyone have anymore info on this system? I have a 27K pool and this is what my pool guys recommended be put in...

17. Back To Top    #17

It is brand new and I havent seen anyone here with one of these installed yet.

More here, Pentair - iChlor™ Salt Chlorine Generator
    TFP Moderator

18. Back To Top    #18

If I remember correctly, the output of that unit is somewhere between an IC-20 and IC-40. It would be inadequate for a 27k gallon pool. Like filters, SWGs are best when they are oversized for the pool volume. You want an IC-60 for the best bang-for-your-buck....
    Matt

19. Back To Top    #19

From the manual of it, it looks like it still needs a power center. There is a new version of power center: iChlor™ SCG power center PC110, which can communicate with intelliflo pump directly through RS485 cable. I think the old version cells such as IC40 IC 60 should work with this new power center as well.

2003 Build 20K gallon salt water pebble IG pool, Taylor 2006 test kit, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robot

20. Back To Top    #20

Pentair never really had a stand-alone SWG solution for retrofitting pools. Their SWG's were always higher priced and needed to be tied into an automation system otherwise you lost access to a lot of the built-in features and the user would be forced into installing timers and such to get it all to work right. I believe this iChor unit is targeted towards folks with existing pools that want an SWG but don't want the hassle and expense of doing a full automation installation. This unit directly targets the Hayward T-15 cell customer base as they are very close in chlorine output sizing...
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast