Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy LXI Heater high limit switch issue(s)

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy LXI Heater high limit switch issue(s)

To make a short story long, tried the heater the other day and kept getting "High Limit Fault". Did my research and determined that my limit switches are indeed bad. Got the switch closest to the heater (135deg ?) out with no problem. But could not get the other out. Pulled and wiggled and finally got it out--sort of (see attached picture).

20170226_102213.jpg
    20170226_102149.jpg

Any ideas as to how to get the rest of the switch out? Can I just try to pry out the top with a screw-driver or awl? I don't want to do anything to make it worse.

And once I get it out, should I do anything to remove any corrosion that might be left behind?

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts welcome. Thanks!

Bill W.
    12,500gal, inground gunite with iAqualink controls, Jandy variable-speed pump, and no longer using the Pentair chlorinator. Using Trouble-free for over a month and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy LXI Heater high limit switch issue(s)

With light prying, you could try a scratch awl/small screwdriver and you should be able to get the rest of it out. Should be pretty easy to clean out when done.
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy LXI Heater high limit switch issue(s)

Finally getting around to working on this, i.e., replacing hi & lo limit switches. The "top" part of the hi-switch is still stuck inside the housing as shown in the picture. Tried to pry it out with screwdriver. No luck yet but have a couple more tries in me.

Thinking ahead, if and when I get it out of there, should I use any kind of anti-seize compound to prevent this from happening again? Or would that screw-up the sensing of the switch?

Bill W
    12,500gal, inground gunite with iAqualink controls, Jandy variable-speed pump, and no longer using the Pentair chlorinator. Using Trouble-free for over a month and loving it!