TA is at 0 and i need help figuring out how much soda too ad

Jun 14, 2009
ok here it is,i have a crystal clear system SWG and the TA is at 0,i just added my ph -up this morning and now i'm waiting too see what it is.
chlorine seems too be within range ,a little high so i turned it down too 2 hours a day ,the water was beautiful yesterday until i added a little ph-up now it looks a little darker.
can someone tell me how much soda too add too get my TA up as well.

To raise TA, you would use Baking Soda.

Have you read Pool School?

Start with "Recommended Levels" and "Water Balance for SWGs".

Use the Pool Calculator to determine how much Baking Soda to add.

Retest before adding, as your PH Up may have affected the TA level.

tyvm for your help everyone ,i used the baking soda after i used the calculator ,the pool only holds 16000 liters sorry about that I'll change that for sure.anyway i checked everything 4 times and the test strips seem too be the only thing that i can see that was accurate,the drops seem too say something diff every time i check wish them.anyway I'll check and double check again in the morning too see how things went,and ty again for answering in a timely manner i was starting too panic :) :shock: :goodjob:

I have the same swg...and seem to only have to run it 1-2hrs per day...although it has been rather rainy lately...you'll be very happy with it :goodjob:

Trust me you need a good test kit...I hate to say this but test strips are worthless...the minute you encounter water problems (I hope you do not :goodjob: ) a taylor k2006 or TF100 test kit becomes worth it's weight in gold.

Test strips are very consistent, except the range of color interpretation is not accurate at all. The only way I would trust that TA reading is if you told me you filled your pool with 100% rainwater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.