Just filled it up...bubbler off center...

Feb 25, 2017
Frisco, TX
So we just finished filling it up and the equipment went on today....only to discover that the spa bubbler is a foot or two off center. They centered the bubbler on the foot space in the spa instead of the center of the square spa. There are three ledges to sit at, instead of four, so the foot space is off to one side. From the skinny end of the pool, it's no big deal..but the pool is rarely viewed from those sides. From the house, it's very clearly off center.

Looking at the blueprints...can't really tell where it is. Just seems really strange. I guess I could simply never run the spa bubbler... What do you guys think? Does it look super weird? Would you just leave it off all the time? Should I just try and forget about it?

Really happy with how everything else turned out...this just seems like an obvious oversight.

2017-02-25 17.36.27-1.jpg
2017-02-25 17.29.29-1.jpg

P,

You know it is off, but I doubt anyone else will even notice.

After the new wears off, you'll find that running a bunch of water features will cause your pH to increase more than you will want anyway... :p

Thanks for posting, and a beautiful pool, no matter where the bubbler is.

Jim R.

Pools are like people. We all have our issues.

It would drive me crazy! I wouldn't ruffn it for that simple reason.

I'm leaning towards this as the best option here. We'd still have the other bubbler and then we'd get the cool glass like effect of the infinity spa which is awesome in its own right.

Can't wait to see this baby in the sunlight. Super excited about how the colors came together in the end. We did yacht club blue jewelscapes which seems to go really nicely with the tile we picked.
20170224_134334.jpg

Just my opinion, but your pool looks awesome. I love blue pools, and this one is definitely something to be proud of! Did you say there is an issue with a bubbler somewhere? I looked twice, and all I see is a picture perfect pool. ;)

But, in all seriousness, it's your money, and if you don't like it, talk to the builder, and see if there's any way to fix it. Then you could make the decision that works best for you, whether to live with it, or fix it.

Wouldn't the bubbler have required an extension to actually break the surface from the bottom of the spa? I'm thinking create an extension using two 90 degree elbows and three straight pieces to make it break the surface from the center.

Wouldn't the bubbler have required an extension to actually break the surface from the bottom of the spa? I'm thinking create an extension using two 90 degree elbows and three straight pieces to make it break the surface from the center.
That is correct. They told us that the extension can be removed and put back in as we need to (as long as heater isn't on, cause of the metal expanding I guess) since we were concerned about there being a big metal bar in the middle of the spa when we were trying to sit in it. Seemed awkward.

How would we go about having something like that made? Makes sense..what you're saying.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is correct. They told us that the extension can be removed and put back in as we need to (as long as heater isn't on, cause of the metal expanding I guess) since we were concerned about there being a big metal bar in the middle of the spa when we were trying to sit in it. Seemed awkward.

How would we go about having something like that made? Makes sense..what you're saying.

I would tell your builder to make it-- pretty simple, a pvc pipe with the 90 degree elbows to make the 'fountain' in the middle. Keep the straight one too just in case. Our spa bubbler is just a straight pvc pipe that we take out when using the spa. The pool is beautiful! But if the bubbler is off center I can see how it might bother you.

Why would you put a bubbler in an infinity spa. You are spoiling what was created. Get rid of it.

Haha...fair enough! We barely recall the conversation with our designer at this point..but I do remember us talking about how weird it would be to have a pole (extension) in the middle of the spa, so I feel like we talked about not having it but somehow it wound up going in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.