AGP on Sloped Concrete

Feb 25, 2017
Parkville/MO
Hi Everyone-

I have a large back driveway that is slightly sloped away from my home... I had the driveway replaced a couple years ago and it is in great shape but it slopes ever so slightly to move water away from the house...

So, last year I had a 14 round Summer Escapes metal frame AGP on it and didn't level it and it was off about 2 inches... it didn't bother me a bit, I just use the pool to float around, no kids in it playing, etc.

I want to up my game and put a 24' X 12' X 52" Intex AGP back there this year. It is this exact pool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...d01-57fb-afcd-a221f194eaae&pf_rd_i=1272958011

I've been thinking a lot about the various ways to level this pool on concrete and I need some advice please.

Do you think I could get away with just putting varying sizes of wood blocks under the leg/supports?

For reference, here is a photo of where I am going to put it... It will fit perfectly with 1 foot remaining on each side b/c my driveway is 30 feet wide.
IMG_0554.jpg

The house is a reverse ranch, with the garage door on the left of that image. The drive slopes away from house and also slopes slighly out to the left from the house... if my math is right, it is about 6 inches drop from one end to the other.

Would propping up the legs/feet supports be enough to do the trick? I know that I should probably build a frame and level it with sand, etc. I'm really looking to do this as minimalist as possible.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP! :handwave:

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm thinking a sand base is the best way to handle this. It will also need to be very firm, stable, and well protected from any possible erosion and washout from rain fall etc. I would plan carefully on this one.

I agree with Patrick. I'd lay down a sand base, a couple inches thick minimum and two feet larger than the pool. Use compactable sand.

The pool is designed so that the water pushes against the wall evenly. The water inside the pool acts as a structural element of the pool. With blocks the walls might be level but the force of the water against the walls would not be even.

Definitely need to level the bottom. Raising the legs on the low side will only raise the legs. The pool itself will not be level and you will put more strain on the low side. Think of it like this, you raise the legs, but you are not going to lift 40K+ lbs of water. You will be stretching the sides and could have catastrophic failure.
Speaking from experience here. Good luck and keep us posted as to what you decide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.