Pool heat pump?

Apr 6, 2015
Davenport
Hi Guys

Whats considered one of the better pool heaters out there and which should be avoided? I have had a few over the years but it seems they have been bought out by other companies and the names change around. At some homes locally a Submit heater was popular till a couple of years later the compressor failed and shot oil into the pool. I have been working with Heat Siphon of late and they seem like a medium sized almost family company and there heaters look great, the style doesn't change and all the parts seem pretty easy to purchase, I look after a home thats got one running ten years now. Anyone have any experience with this heater? They seem pricier than others made by Pentair for example? Are Rheem still considered a good brand? I know with A/C units a guy I spoke too seem to think they have gone through a lot of changes. What electric heater would you buy to heat your pool?

Many thanks

Stu

Yes, Rheem is still good. All of the major heat pump brands are fine. I haven't seen any brand have more failures or problems. Pentair, Hayward and Raypak are three popular brands.

Do you have natural gas? Im not sure Ohio is a good place for a pool heat pump.

Thanks Pyrodav - no gas and prewired electric for a heat pump. Based on my needs, the research I've done leads me to believe a heat pump will be just fine. However, there are not many reviews of the three brands I asked about. And so as not to hijack the original thread, one of those three was the one that the OP was asking about.
Regards
JGP

Hi
I have basically the same question. About to purchase a heat pump. I have been looking at Heat Siphon as well as Aquacal and GulfStream. Any opinions or advice on these brands?
thanks
JGP

I'm in the same boat so I did some googling and was able to get some great information. I just filled out an inquiry form and they called me and sent me some info about these two brands.

I'm looking at a GulfStream because of the low cost and high COP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.