Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AA when to increase chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

AA when to increase chlorine

Hi
    I've finished the AA treatment and have been keeping the chlorine level at 2-3, ph at 7.2 and added sequesterent. I have done this for 2 weeks. Can I now increase the chlorine up higher
    10,000 gallons inground Leisure fibreglass pool, Hayward powerline pump, Quality120 glass media filter, 27kw output air source heat pump and thermal cover.
    Retractable cover with Polycarbonate roof and glass side for all year round use. K-2006C test kit and Speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: AA when to increase chlorine

What is your CYA number?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

CYA is about 20 (indoor pool)
    I know what level it should be at normally, I was wondering if after 2 weeks it was safe to increase

10,000 gallons inground Leisure fibreglass pool, Hayward powerline pump, Quality120 glass media filter, 27kw output air source heat pump and thermal cover.
    Retractable cover with Polycarbonate roof and glass side for all year round use. K-2006C test kit and Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

24 hours after treatment you should bring PH back to 7.2 and as soon as PH holds you should bring FC up to minimum for your CYA. Once FC holds at minimum then you can maintain normal FC levels. There are more details here, Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    24 hours after treatment you should bring PH back to 7.2 and as soon as PH holds you should bring FC up to minimum for your CYA. Once FC holds at minimum then you can maintain normal FC levels. There are more details here, Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains
    I've done all of that and have been maintaining FC at the minimum
    The instructions say to not shock until 2 weeks which is now up
    Can I now increase FC to the normal level

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, you can increase FC to normal levels as soon as the FC is holding at minimum.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks I didn't want to risk the stains coming back by doing it to soon

8. Back To Top    #8

No doubt, stains are a pain. It is elevated FC levels, well above target, that usually cause stains to recur. FC at target level for your CYA should be fine. Diligently maintaining FC at target level will prevent ever needing to raise FC to shock level to kill algae. FC/CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator