New Pool Build In Longview, TX

-hammer drop- turns around and walks away while putting sunglasses on. The neighbors off in the background screaming "yeah.....". Cut to sunset shot by the pool silloetted in a lounge chair sipping a beer. -End scene-

Seriously though nice work on the deck suddenly I feel the urdge to go pressure wash and stain mine....

That looks fantastic

Thanks. I appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

-hammer drop- turns around and walks away while putting sunglasses on. The neighbors off in the background screaming "yeah.....". Cut to sunset shot by the pool silloetted in a lounge chair sipping a beer. -End scene-

Seriously though nice work on the deck suddenly I feel the urdge to go pressure wash and stain mine....

Thanks. I guess that is what I will be doing after all the wood dries for a while.

DUDE! You do good AWESOME work! I like the border around the pool. That is a nice finishing touch!

That one side of railing around the deck with the thin and thick pieces...........that really looks neat! I bet that was hard to do! So why did you it just on that side? Why not all the way around?

Kim:kim:

Thanks. The border around the pool will hopefully make it easier to replace a liner when needed. I will only have to remove those border pieces to do the job. At least that is the theory. As for the railing with the thin and thick pieces - those were made from 8' picket fence boards. I cut them into 3 pieces and then also split some into 3 narrower strips. That was after doing a lot of sanding on them - the pickets come pretty rough. We were originally going to put lattice on that side but did not like the look of anything we saw at our local stores so we came up with this. It is on the west side of the deck so gets more of the afternoon sun so this provided a little extra shade and also more privacy from the neighbors on the west side. We have woods to look at on the south and east and our house north of the deck so we just went with the 2x2 balusters there to keep more of the view. Sometimes deer and/or fox come out near the woods plus it is a nice view - more so when I get rid of the fallen tree and burn piles.

- - - Updated - - -

Impressive thread, VERY nice.
Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.