Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should my salt chlorinator adjust my PH

1. Back To Top    #1

Should my salt chlorinator adjust my PH

Hi
    ive got a salt chlorinator cell, acid dosing etc
    my PH has been set at 7.4, yet actual has been 6.7 for days.
    my orp is set at 610 mV
    my chlorine is reading as high

should I chuck in some PH increaser chemicals....

or make adjustments to my system.....?

cheers
    23000 litre salt chlorinated pool, fibreglass in ground with 1500litre spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should my salt chlorinator adjust my PH

I think I'd do my own chemistry test to determine what the water *actually* is, as the machine may be far off. I never make changes to pool chemistry based on mechanicals. I trust my TF-100 test kit over all.

If that water truly is 6.7 (or lower) I'd be chuckin' something in there for sure!!! You need to fix that *yesterday!*

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Should my salt chlorinator adjust my PH

What do you use for "Acid Dosing"? You said it was set for 7.4. Does that mean the device you have measures the PH and corrects the dosage to maintain 7.4?
    I have an acid dosser too (mine is a dumb device, it just inject the same amount of acid each time, so I have to set dosing adjustment by trial and error).
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station