Just noticed gizmo (gizzmo?) popped off / floating in skimmer. Should I be concerned?

jwilly

Feb 24, 2017
Madison, WI
Still a moderately new inground pool owner, so I'm not sure if this is a dumb question. But after some wide swings in the weather (70 on monday, 30 yesterday) I noticed that the gizzmo had popped out / pushed the skimmer cover up.
I had a guy close the pool for me last fall and he seemed pretty good (i know he used antifreeze, blew the lines, capped the other drains in the pool, and that this was a new gizzmo). But while I wait for him to call me back, I'm wondering if there's anything I should be worried about.

Should I be scrambling to somehow get the water out of the skimmer, and put the gizzmo back in? Or feel pretty confident that the antifreeze will tend to things? Or freak out something fierce?

Thanks for any insight you can pass along.

If the gizmo is floating in the skimmer then obviously the line is filled with water. I would blow it back out (or get a shop vac and suck out as much as you can in the line),, might not get too cold there in WI,, but might get cold (like single digit cold) for 3-4 nights again before spring

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.