Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season: The Rebuild

Apr 12, 2016
Sumter, SC
Hurricane winds came through last fall bringing down a two hundred foot tall, 150 year old, oak smack dab on my 24' AG and deck, just like it had been destined to land where it did :) Actually we were very fortunate to have it land where it did because most any other direction it could have gone would have probably took out a neighbors house.

The pump and filter were salvaged - much of the deck foundation and steps appear to be solid too.

The clean up is nearing completion and the rebuild is about to begin. Pool coming first, probably in about 2-3 weeks. Then a diy rebuild of the deck; the latter a evening weekend project that I hope gets done before the heat of summer gets here, and where I may need the occasional "expert" advice.

/chuck16797685_10210597889438349_2809655597412264352_o.jpg14191953_10209076564246170_5247827053633812794_n.jpg

Wow. Sorry to see that damage. I'm just a few miles west of Sumter and are grateful we didn't have any damage except maybe trees down in the woods.

So our pool has now survived a historic flood (2015) and Matthew. Best of luck on the rebuild.

Thanks. Yeh, the flooding was probably what started everything for us, sifting all the sand around and rotting the roots

Hermine, technically I guess tropical storm when it came through, brought the tree down (roots straight up out of the ground); and we were still cleaning up the day Matthew came. It brought down more trees into my yard from the neighbors and took out a shed. I had a bad injury right after that I am still rehabbing from, thus the delay in clean-up until now.

Glad to hear you came through ok.

Thank-you. Been getting some estimates (pool only)...got one today that I was happy with, from the contractor I seemed to click with the most.

- - - Updated - - -

:) Thank you Kim!

I am walking again now. Cant really do much physical work yet myself, but should be able to by summer.

chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.