Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coping pavers bonding glue leaching down my fibreglass shell

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Coping pavers bonding glue leaching down my fibreglass shell

Hi
    the paving guys who paved my bluestone paving tiles around the pool edge used a glue to help bond the paver to my fibreglass shell.
    the only thing now being that my saltwater splashing up underneath the paving coping overhang and is making contact with the glue.
    over a period of weeks / months the glue is slowing leaking ever so slightly down my fibreglass pool shell and leaving a white "calcium like" stain streak on the fibreglass exposed to the air, it stops when it reaches the water line.
    obviously it's a very delicate process to rub this off like 10'000 soft cloth rubs (mega hrs of elbow grease in the one spot) to be effective as I cannot use anything abrasive and choice of cleaning agent has to be very careful as to not remove the protective layer on my fibreglass pool she'll.

the best thing I have found to be half effective is carefully using my karcher high pressure washer which breaks off / removes these micro millimetre thick stain lines....

anyone had this or has a better idea to remedy this permanently, as it keeps coming back.

i even used silicone gun in the exposed crack gap under the coping paving join to the fibreglass, but the glue still slowly slowly leaches through
    23000 litre salt chlorinated pool, fibreglass in ground with 1500litre spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coping pavers bonding glue leaching down my fibreglass shell

OH NO! I have a sad for you

Share a picture and see if you can tell what kind of glue he used. There are some smart people on this board that might have some ideas.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The dreaded glue shot, will try to get glue type brand....

image.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Have you CAREFULLY tried a diluted solution of muriatic acid? It might actually be a calcium type deposit.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Have you CAREFULLY tried a diluted solution of muriatic acid? It might actually be a calcium type deposit.
    I think even then it will still risk the protective gel coating layers on my fibreglass pool shell...