duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
After logging in, I prefer to peruse the forum by "view new posts" located on the right hand side of the homepage.

Yesterday and today, when I click "view new posts", I get an error message saying, "Sorry you cannot use the Search function at this time. Please try again later".

Is anyone else experienceing this? If not, I'll try to resolve it on my computer.

FWIW--the "view new posts" under the avatar on the "home" page gives me the message, but the "view new posts" under the timestamp just under the Pool School button does work. I prefer the under-the-avatar version of new posts, though.
--paulr

This weekend, the server load has been peaking higher than it ever has before. The search system, which view new posts uses internally, is disabled when the load on the server exceeds a threshold. This is done so that other more important features, like reading posts, will continue to work correctly.

I have been working on optimizing some of the forum software, to get the server load down. I have also raised the threshold at which search is disabled. That should be enough to get it working again, at least until we get even more popular :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, I think you guys need a dedicated server (if you don't have one now). I can't view active topics at this time.

We have a dedicated server, the forum is just really busy. Web traffic is almost twice what it was last year, which is more growth than I was expecting.

I am still working on tuning the server. I am hoping we can get through this season with only a few more adjustments. At the rate we are growing, we are going to need a cluster of several servers by next season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.