Solid pool cover taking on water?

ik95

Apr 8, 2016
NJ
Solid pool cover
Hi,

This is our first year with a pool. We covered our above ground pool up for the winter with a solid cover. It snowed a few weeks ago and now with some warmer weather here in NJ (in the 50s) we noticed a lot of water on our pool cover. We initially thought it was from the melting snow, so we pumped some off. However, it seems as though more water keeps accumulating on the cover, but there has not been any more rain or snow. We are wondering if the water is coming up through the cover from the actual pool water. If so, how do we get the water off the cover without taking out any more pool water?

- Erik

If it's a cheap cover, the water will permeate through it. Last 2 covers I had did this. Nothing you can do but pump it off. If you think the water level in the pool is low, then leave it. I always pump the cover off. Yes you'll lose some water in the pool, but it's only 2"-4" for the winter. Easily filled back with a hose when opening it up.

Its warm right now. Just put some back in. Year two this always happened to me, I just buy a new cover each year for this reason. I don't get the best, but not the cheapest. Also, Don't leave anything on the cover, it will create a low spot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.