SW Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I'm finally seeing some blue sky on occasion. That means it's time to start thinking about pool fun!
I'm planning on purchasing a lower end (<$300) automatic vacuum. I've narrowed it down to a Zodiac g3 or a Diver Dave/critter/bug/whale. I don't need anything overly fancy. I don't even mind vacuuming manually but it might be nice to pop into a decently tidy pool on my work days. Mainly I deal with fine dust from the river nearby, bugs, and cottonwood fuzz. Anyway, last summer I purchased the "generic creepy krauly" from Amazon for about $80. While it vacuumed decently most of the hose sections sucked air in and I would end up with a basket full of air within about an hour. I was spending more time messing with the hoses, weights, etc than the time saved vacuuming. I chalked it up to "you get what you pay for" and back it went.

My question: is that an isolated issue or is that something that is common in that style of vac? I am leaning towards the Zodiac but if I'm hoping to run into similar issue than I may as well go with the cheaper Aqua bug.

I have a Kreepy Krauly Cruiser and haven't had any trouble at all with the hoses leaking, etc. It's been in the pool for about a year straight so far.

My pool is fairly shallow, so I haven't had to deal with weights at all.

Ok. I think I'm leaning towards the Zodiac so time to spend a little money.

With the knockoff from Amazon at least half of the little hose connections would start sucking air. I ended up with blisters on my hands from disconnecting and reconnecting trying to get a better seal. It was maddening!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.