What do you do in Feb when it's 80 degrees outside?

I have to get cracking on the landscaping...the warm winter weather caused a lot of my plants to start blooming early. I now have an orange tree and a lime tree that need some serious compost / mulch TLC as they are both in bloom....and i just noticed the mulberries and flowering plum tree are budding all over....and the weeds!!! I have to get the backpack sprayer on and start hitting the weeds (I missed January pre-emergent application and I'm now paying the price).

But I like your idea waaaay...time to fire up the spa....

In heated the pool to 85 and jumped in. Was nice during the day when the sun was out and the temp was in the 80's. But at night when the temp drops into the 60's, it was toooooo cold to swim, even with the pool heated to 85. I nearly froze to death running the 15 feet from the pool to the house.

Nice! :goodjob: Kids always seems to have a higher tolerance for cooler water. Me not so much. :grin:

Wait, you have a heater. ha

We were outside with them playing on the deck away from the pool, asking when we could go swimming. Before I told them the spa was heating up, I picked them up and dunked their feet in the 64 degree water on the tanning ledge. Lots of squeals of , "It's COLD!!!"
Once the spa was 87, I changed their clothes and took them back out, and told them we were going swimming. They were very concerned about the cold water! I explained we were getting in the spa. My 3 yr old grandson asked, "Are you sure about this??" So funny! They had a blast!

I have to get cracking on the landscaping...the warm winter weather caused a lot of my plants to start blooming early. I now have an orange tree and a lime tree that need some serious compost / mulch TLC as they are both in bloom....and i just noticed the mulberries and flowering plum tree are budding all over....and the weeds!!! I have to get the backpack sprayer on and start hitting the weeds (I missed January pre-emergent application and I'm now paying the price).

But I like your idea waaaay...time to fire up the spa....

I have weeds popping up everywhere! Hubby and I were sitting outside after the kids left, before he went to work, talking about all the things we need to still buy and projects that need completing, and the order in which things need to happen. Seems endless.
Except for the weeks when the freeze protection prevented me from running the spa only, I have used the spa almost once a week through the winter. Hubby leaves for work, I make my dinner, set up the laptop and hop in for dinner and a movie. I sleep much better afterward ;)

In heated the pool to 85 and jumped in. Was nice during the day when the sun was out and the temp was in the 80's. But at night when the temp drops into the 60's, it was toooooo cold to swim, even with the pool heated to 85. I nearly froze to death running the 15 feet from the pool to the house.

I did consider heating the pool yesterday and today but decided against it. When I last heated it in Oct or Nov, YES!! once that air cools down it's just too cold to stay in the pool!

We got invited to a hot tub party tomorrow nite. It was scheduled mid week when high was 83 and lows in low 70s. Gonna be a high of 60 and low of 40 on Sat. Might have to pass!

We got invited to a hot tub party tomorrow nite. It was scheduled mid week when high was 83 and lows in low 70s. Gonna be a high of 60 and low of 40 on Sat. Might have to pass!

If it's not windy, 40 feels really good after sitting in 97 degree water! I usually have to sit up on the step (mini seat) to cool off periodically.

We need a "Like" button. Great picture, Denise :) Love the perfect water and kids enjoying it. Makes all the effort, angst and investment worthwhile, not to mention all those extra shifts.

We need a "Like" button. Great picture, Denise :) Love the perfect water and kids enjoying it. Makes all the effort, angst and investment worthwhile, not to mention all those extra shifts.

You are so right, Jet!! They really had so much fun! I was just sorry not all of the grandkids could come that day.

I have thought many many times that we need a "like" button!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
May have to pack a little "antifreeze"!

Umm...margaritas are the same color....might work ;)

Oh Nini! That makes my heart smile! SO cute and so worth it! "Are you sure about this?" Got to love it!

Kim:kim:

Kim, they call the pool, "The Big Pool" and the spa is "The Little Pool". I had not wanted the spa, that was my husband's thing. Now, of course, I'm super happy we have it.

So cute! I am looking forward to having my 4 grand daughters over for pool fun all summer. That's one of the main reasons we bought this house was for family to enjoy. Only 11 more days and I will be in business!

Grandkids are THE BEST!!! Congratulations on your new home and pool!

Had a few kids over (10-11 yr old boys) and heated up the hot tub to 93. Cloudy day in TX with a high of 70ish. Crazy boys kept on doing races in the cold pool (62 degrees) and warming up in the HT. No way I could even dunk my pinky in!!!

Yes! We rarely heat our whole pool up, but the spa is used all the time. It heats up so quickly. I think people building pools are really missing out when they say "we don't need/want a spa". I don't think they understand that it'sreally a "mini pool" that can be heated up quickly/cheaply.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.