FENERBAHCE Fan from Lee's Summit, MO

Hello all :wave:

Last two days, I read a lot in this forum and found a lot of good information, so I decided to join.

Shortly about myself: My name is Alper and I am from Istanbul, Turkey. I am married to a wondeful Missouri girl and recently had a baby boy. We are located in Lee's Summit, MO. My nickname refers to the team I support and is a big part of my life even thousands miles away from home.

Growing up by the see, I love swimming and really miss it here in the Midwest. The lakes just don't do it for me, so we bought a house with a pool and already enjoying it.

Hope to get to know you better.

:cheers:

Alper

JohnT said:
Welcome to TFP!

Istanbul to Missouri is a long way, physically and culturally I'm sure. What kind of team is FENERBAHCE?

Thank you John.

Fenerbahce is a sports club founded on 1907. Main branch is football, well I should say soccer considering I am in the USA :) Other than that we participate in volleyball, basketball, rowing, boxing, yathing, athletcis, swimming, table tennis, and I believe a few more branches for men and women.

I attached a view of the stands before a European Champions Leaggue game last year.

You are right about cultural differences but overall I have had a great experience. Only problem is being home sick. There are tons of pros and cons to being here or there which I won't get into now but I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Attachments

• stadium.jpg
    stadium.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 90