Pool installed today

Your calculations look good, except that seems like a lot of Muratic Acid. I'd do about 3 cups to start with and then more after an hour if you need to. Do the Ph first.

Wait 30 minutes after the MA and add the bleach.

Wait an hour and add the baking soda.

Add the CYA anytime, I'd do 2-3 lbs in a sock at a time, 8 pounds is pretty heavy for a sock. :wink: 5-7 days is sufficient waiting time. 24 hrs after it has dissolved from the sock, assume it's there and start keeping your FC accordingly.

Add more bleach in a few hours, 3-4ppm will dissappear rapidly if its sunny.

Turned pump on today, sand filter was leaking from the top and bottom. I tightened clamp at top and drain at bottom , that fixed it.

I do have a small drip where the skimmer housing meets the skimmer face plate. Gasket issue I believe. Not where the face plate meets the wall.
At this point I wonder if I should talk to the guy about fixing the problem in the fall when I lower the water below the skimmer ??

Is it a really slow drip you can live with? Is water coming in contact with the pool wall - if that could be an issue I'd talk to him now. IF it's just on the outside and small and you can live with it then I guess wait. You've been waiting long enough, right! :goodjob:

Water is not in contact with wall, but it is a pretty steady drip. I put a 5 gallon bucket under it and figure I will just pour that water back in the pool until its fixed. Hopefully it will take a few days to fill the bucket.

Pump seems to be working good, the return back in the pool is stronger than I expected.

Pool readings tonight after adding chemicals this morning :

FC 0 After adding 1.5 jugs ( 182oz) jugs
PH 6.8 Was reading 8.2 this morning , added 3 cups muratic acid this morning
TA 100 Was 40 this morning , added 15lbs baking soda this morning.
CYA Didnt test, added 6lbs today.

That muratic acid sure did lower the PH, a little too low now. Try to raise with borax or test again tomorrow and see if things level out ??

Add another 1.5 jugs of bleach tonight ?

Went to the pool store yesterday and they told me the water tested fine, except I might want to add a couple of bags of shock.

I know shock is something you do, not buy . Nice to have the test kit (TF-100) . Lets me know what my readings really are .

I noticed a few wrinkles in the liner on the bottom , nothing major. They only left the shop vac running about an hour while they attached top pieces and a few inches of water ran into the pool.

If I replace the liner myself ( hopefully 5-8 years or more from now ) should you leave the vac running until the pool is 1/2-3/4 full ??

I didn't pay enough attention when they put our pool in 8 years ago. I know we don't have a foam cove. We should have. I don't remember them using a shop vac at all. We have 2 small wrinkles, but washout-sunken areas around the perimeter where the cove should be.

Anyway my point is I'm 8 years in and the liner still looks pretty great. I think you should be able to get more than 5-8 years out.

Get the PH up to 7.4 with Borax.

Two things could have gone wrong, either your gallons is off, or you didn't have the correct values in the "Now" and "target". Make sure you are dosing more carefully, as you are better to undershoot a target than overshoot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just checked your numbers, and the 3 cups of MA should have been fine....

Stupid Question of the day: Are you sure your pool is 33'? The pool calc puts that gallons as closer to 27,000. But then 3 cups would be good in a bigger pool.

One possibility is your PH wasn't 8.2.... Are you taking the sample from 18' below the surface, pump running for at least 1 hour prior? (just considering all the various scenarios.)

frustratedpoolmom said:
I just checked your numbers, and the 3 cups of MA should have been fine....

Stupid Question of the day: Are you sure your pool is 33'? The pool calc puts that gallons as closer to 27,000. But then 3 cups would be good in a bigger pool.

One possibility is your PH wasn't 8.2.... Are you taking the sample from 18' below the surface, pump running for at least 1 hour prior? (just considering all the various scenarios.)

I think you meant 18 inches (") not 18 feet (') below the surface. :)

I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and will be gone about 5 days.
Planning on putting some chlorine tabs in the chlorinator. Question , I turned off the pump and opened the chlorinator just checking it out and it is full of water. The dial is set to 0.

I had an inground pool once before and when I shut the pump off and opened chlorinator it didnt have much water in it. I guess it all drained back down. Dumb question but since everything is level or the water is above , do I need to remove drain plug in chlorinator inorder to put tabs in without any water in there.

Our install pictures

008.jpg

040.jpg

045.jpg

055.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

061.jpg

067.jpg

064.jpg

062.jpg

066.jpg

065.jpg

082.jpg

080.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.